Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ooops!... I did it again

Perhaps my not-so-subtle title can shed some light on the topic of this post. In case you haven't guessed it, this has to do with trying to conceive (ttc). In my earlier post, "Waiting For Flo" I mentioned how my midwife and surgeon has suggested waiting a bit to start ttc again. The original suggestion was to wait til I'd hung out with Flo twice. But I'm not that patient. We were planning to wait at least until I saw her once. But... ooops!

I'm also still learning about the birds and the bees. Dang. I thought I had it down. I thought you couldn't get pregnant after you ovulated. But then I did a little research post-you-know-what-al and read that a day or so after ovulation is still considered an extremely fertile time! Um... what??

Why do we learn sex ed in 5th grade? Some of us need a refresher course. I think there should be ttc classes for those of us that never quite got all the nuts and bolts of baby-making.

So where does that put us? Well, it's probably a one in a million chance that we got pregnant after this ooops moment. And I have a whole mixture of feelings about it. Obviously - tremendous amounts of excitement that we could be starting back up again. But also a little tentative - I still haven't lost any of the weight I put on from the 1st pregnancy. And I've heard both positive and negative stories about getting pregnant immediately after miscarrying... But you know me. I will focus on the positive.

So, I wait... and visualize... and manifest... and take damn good care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment